Lady Bengals clinch Bi-District championship, compete against South Grand Prairie for Area

Staff Report

The Braswell Lady Bengals will face the South Grand Prairie in the area/second round of the girls basketball playoffs at Coppell High School Thurs., Feb. 16. The Lady Bengals finished second in their 5-6A division with a record of 11-3 while the Lady Warriors finished first in the 8-6A division with a record of 12-0.

Courtesy of the Varsity Girls Basketball Team

Braswell ended off the season against Prosper Rock Hill and won 61-19. South Grand Prairie finished their season a 50-34 win against Arlington Bowie. Head Girls Basketball Coach Lisa Williams looks back on the season going into the first round of playoffs.

“This season has gone pretty well,” Williams said. “We’ve experienced a few bumps in the road but have shown a bit of resiliency. I’m extremely proud of these young ladies. They have worked very hard in preparation for this season.”

The Lady Bengals finished their regular season at 27-7 while the Lady Warriors finished their regular season 26-6.

Coppell High School is located at 185 W Parkway Blvd, Coppell, TX 75019. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students and the game starts at 6:30 p.m.

A link for tickets is not available, yet. This article will be updated when that information is available. District 5-6A, District 8-6A passes, TABC, TGCA, THSCA passes will be accepted.