DPSF partners with Coach Jeff Miller’s family to create scholarship in his honor

Coach Jeff Miller huddles up with the 2022-23 girls varsity soccer team. Photo Courtesy of The Ambush Yearbook

Staff Report

Jeff Miller’s family announced Sunday, April 16, 2023 at his celebration of life service that a scholarship for Braswell students would be created in his honor. The Denton Public School Foundation has setup a donation site to help facilitate collecting donations for the scholarship. The name of the scholarship is the “Coach Jeff Miller Memorial Scholarship”.

“My housband loved soccer, teaching, and being a mentor,” Athena Miller, Coach Jeff Miller’s wife said. “He was also just an all-around good person to everyone he met, and he never met a stranger.”

The DPSF will be collecting donations online to help fund the scholarship. The website says “by donating to this scholarship in Jeff’s name, you will help him continue to support the game that he loved and the student-athletes that play it.”

Donations can be made online at http://jeffmiller.givesmart.com.

For more information on the Denton Public School Foundation, please visit dentonisd.org/foundation.