The 2024 Lady Bengals Varsity Girls Basketball team pose together with their coaches and Athletic director Kent Laster have receiving the District championship trophy after their game versus Prosper Rock Hill. The Lady Bengals tied with the Little Elm Lady Lobos for first place.
Jordan Doty

Lady Bengals awarded district champions, will compete against Flower Mound for bi-district

The bi-district game is set to take place Mon. Feb. 12 at 6:30pm at The Colony High School

The Braswell Lady Bengals will face the Flower Mound Lady Jaguars in the first round of the girls basketball state playoffs at The Colony High School Mon., Feb. 12. The Lady Bengals tied with Little Elm for first in their 5-6A division with a record of 11-3 while the Lady Jaguars finished third in the 6-6A division with a record of 9-5.

This will be the Lady Bengals’ fourth straight trip to playoffs, repeating this bi-district

Braswell ended off the season against Prosper Rock Hill and won 51-43. Flower Mound finished their season a 64-37 win against Lewisville. Head Girls Basketball Coach Lisa Williams looks back on the season going into the first round of playoffs.

“Just to remain competitive. We want to compete. Ultimately we want to win, but we’ve got to execute.”

transition

“Practice has to be harder than the game. That’s what we want to continue to do. We also want to continue to break down things, while we have just a little bit of time, just to break down drills, plays, defensives, every aspect of the game,

The Lady Bengals finished their regular season at 27-6 while the Lady Jaguars finished their regular season 20-11.

The Colony High School is located at 4301 Blair Oaks Dr The Colony, TX 75056. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students and the game starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets may be purchased online at https://lewisvilleisd.hometownticketing.com/embed/event/2454?access_code=5cf8e765b64c56cfa9702f2b14cb1a49eeab6d78.

BHS Now