2023 DPSF Student Scholarship Application open to DISD seniors

Reagan Netherland, Yearbook Editor-in-Chief & BHS Now Producer

The 2022-2023 Denton Public School Foundation Student Scholarship Application, open to current seniors in Denton ISD, closes Friday, Jan. 20 at 5 p.m. 

By completing one application via Kaleidoscope, students become eligible for over 125 merit-based scholarships ranging from $500 to $5,000. DPSF executive director Jacqueline Jackson urges students to begin their applications as soon as possible.

“It’s a very easy application, it’s not as involved as some college applications are,” Jackson said. “It’s all online. You can leave, come back, and pick up where you were without worrying about whether or not it was saved.”

The Denton Public School Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, funds competitive student scholarships, grants for DISD faculty, and other special programs through community-based donations.

“We are blessed to have a community in the greater DISD community who are so generous and believe in education.” Jackson said.

The plurality of scholarship and grant funds are sourced from businesses and vendors with pre-existing relationships with Denton ISD, but private donors are a key contributor to the foundation’s efforts, Jackson said

“Individuals set up endowments for a loved one who’s passed away or in honor of somebody,” Jackson said. “The generosity just continues.”

Applicants will be notified whether or not they received a scholarship through email in April. Students enrolled at LaGrone Academy who are dual-enrolled in another district are not eligible for the Denton Public School Foundation scholarship. For more information, email your counselor or the Denton Public School Foundation at [email protected].