The Bengal Beat News, BHS Now Broadcast, & Bengalcast Podcast

Braswell Media

Breaking News

Braswell Media

Braswell Media

Courtesy of Denton ISD Communications
Class of 2024 brings home over $4 million dollars and counting in scholarships
April 26, 2024

Spirited High School Students Bring Noel Coward’s ‘Blithe Spirit’ to Life on Stage

In a mesmerizing blend of timeless wit and spectral charm, the fine arts center has been transformed into a supernatural realm, as the cast and crew conjure a delightful comedic tempest in their latest theatrical endeavor. With “Blithe Spirit” as their muse, the students of Braswell Bravo Company have embarked on a spiritual journey that promises to leave the audience both enchanted and in stitches. The curtains rise and fall on a production that’s set to bring laughter and ghostly surprises to center stage.

In this timeless comedy, audiences will be transported to a world where the living collide with the dearly departed, and hilarity ensues. The story follows Charles Condomine, a skeptical writer who seeks inspiration for his next book by inviting the eccentric medium, Madame Arcati, into his home for a séance. Little does he know that this spirited gathering will lead to the unexpected return of his deceased first wife, Elvira. Chaos, laughter, and a touch of the supernatural are guaranteed in this unforgettable production.

The cast of Blithe Spirit is played by Zach Cross, 11, as Charles, Presley Nicewarner, 11, as Ruth, Hannah Blake, 12, as Elvira, Destiny Pastor, 12, as Madame Arcati, Blake Morgan, 11, as Dr. Bradman, Maryn Evans, 10, as Mrs. Bradman, Marlee Collins, 9, as Edith, with Kodi Davis, 10, Kaitlyn Withaeger, 9, and Julianne Vawter, 9, playing supporting roles.

“The character I’m playing [Ruth] is important to me because she’s honestly so relatable,” Nicewarner said. “She is a very classic, 1940s housewife, but she also has a lot of the traits that a lot of girls now still have, where she’s willing to fight and show how strong she is.”

Cross will be playing the character of Charles who is a writer working on a new book.

“I think he’s like me, in a lot of ways.” Cross said. “He’s comedic and he’s also really sarcastic. And I don’t know, I’ve had to be him for the past like, two months, so he does mean something,”

Blake will be playing the character of Elvira who is Charles’ deceased first wife.

“Being Elvira means a lot to me because I’m going to be pursuing this in college,” Blake said. “Being with Zach and Presley and Destiny really just means a lot to me because this is my last fall play at Braswell.”

The show is not supposed to invoke fear, it is supposed to make people laugh and enjoy their time. The cast and crew are going to delight you with this bewitching play and they encourage anyone and everyone to come out and have fun.

“I really want audiences to come and have a great night out at the theater,” Christopher Rogers, Director, said. “The story is well told, full of awesome performances with a few magical moments. Plus, it’s a not-so-spooky-but-family-friendly ghost story that serves as the perfect beginning to the Halloween season,”

Tickets for Blithe Spirit can be purchased online at braswelltheatre.com. The show is set to run from Oct. 5 through Oct. 7 at the Braswell High School Auditorium.